Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day

For Valentines day, we went to a fancy dinner at USU with a bunch of our brothers and sisters and their spouses. First time in a long time that Vicky had really been on a trip, and she looked gorgeous...


My mom said: "We loved seeing you both last night. What a supremely handsome couple!"

We went to visit our daughter Genevieve after the dinner and had a wonderful talk. She said, "Isn't it funny that you have to get cancer in order to truly look stylish. Something about it makes you step up and start really paying attention to how you look."

I believe there might be something to that. My wife has never looked more beautiful. The way she uses scarves and hats are truly stunning, and she's got it going on with the rest of the clothes she wears, too. 

As we were talking with Genevieve, I looked over at Vicky, who had the little baby in her lap, as contented as a woman could be...




To top things off, Vicky gave me the coolest Valentine's Day present: a giant pack of Twizzlers. When she handed them to me, she said, "I'm giving you these so you can remember that you've got me Twizzled around your little finger."

How sweet. :-)

I think people are a little jealous when I start talking about my wife, how she just built a new kitchen table for us last week, and how she has projects going because that's what makes life fun. How lucky am I, to be married to a woman that loves spiffing up the world around her?

The luckiest guy in the world, that's who.


No comments:

Post a Comment